Sales Manager Meat - Norway
Sales Manager Meat - Norway
Marel is an international supplier of integrated systems, products and services for the Fish, Meat and Poultry industry. Our tagline is Advancing Food Processing. That’s the heart of everything we do. We want to push food processing further. We want to make it better. That is our passion. Some 6100 employees work worldwide for Marel supporting the Poultry, Further Processing, Fish and Meat industries. Unity, Innovation and Excellence are the values which characterize our company. Marel Meat Marel Meat is a leading global supplier of integrated systems and advanced stand-alone processing equipment to the red meat industry – from live animal receipt to finished packs. Our cutting edge equipment and software help meat processors of all sizes, in all markets, to operate at peak productivity and enhance the overall quality and value of meat products. We have a dedicated R&D team to constantly ensure that we are providing the meat industry with the latest technology in processing equipment.
For our Industry Meat organization, we are looking for an:
Account Manager - Norway
Before you become a successful Account Manager, you will follow a training program. During this program, you will gather knowledge about our market and our portfolio of products and services, about meat processing technology and about our sales process and organization. After this training you will start as an account manager. You will report to the Sales Director – Meat.
- The market in Norway has a huge potential so you will be focusing on building and maintaining relations with (mostly potential) customers and other (internal and external) stake-holders in order to become Marel’s customer expert in your Area.
- Ensure trust and involvement by developing intimate understanding of customer needs and be able to create opportunities with (potential) customers.
- Sell directly and with support of Area Sales Managers (and Product Specialists).
- Executing operational sales plans for your area in line with the strategic plan, responsible for realizing the sales budget (target) in volume and achieving the best possible price and market share.
- Responsible for visit reports, lead registration and follow up data in our CRM system.
- Participate in and partly in the organization of commercial activities such as exhibitions, demos and events.
- Collect and report about general market information and desires and needs of customers and relations.
- You have a bachelor degree within a technical area (preferably mechanical engineering / food processing technology).
- Previous working experience about 1-5 years in similar positions in international companies (capital goods).
- Knowledge about the processes in our industry is valuable.
- As a person, you are pro-active, emphatic, energetic and sharp, result driven, independent and you have an entrepreneurial mind-set. You are down to earth and you have a pragmatic way of approaching your job and tasks. Your communication skills are excellent.
- The responsibilities include verbal and written communication with (foreign) offices on a daily basis.
- Outside your native language fluent in English is a must.
- Last but not least, you are willing to travel extensively within your area.
Marel offers you plenty of space to develop yourself (internationally). The informal atmosphere gives you the opportunity to take responsibility and show initiative. You will of course be supported and supervised by the organization. Salary will depend on knowledge and experience. At Marel the challenges are there for the taking!